Here is a wonderful thing that is not completely homemade but oh-so-easy and wonderful to make. Chicken Parmesan Alfredo with a little help from my good friend Ragu. They make this decent Alfredo sauce-in-a-jar so I decided to steer away from the usual Fettuccine Alfredo (it’s ok I haven’t lost my sanity). I looked on Ragu’s website and Tada! There was this wonderfully simple recipe right there. Here ya go!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. paprika (optional)
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Ragu® Cheesy Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs combined with paprika, coating well.
- Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup Ragu® Cheesy Classic Alfredo Sauce over chicken; top with cheese, then tomato. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with remaining Sauce, heated, and sprinkle, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Ok so I left out the tomato (shocker I know). But I did add in this wonderful new pasta I found: it includes a whole serving of veggies with every serving of pasta!! What an awesome idea right?!?!?! If only my mother knew about this when I was growing up, there would have been no struggle to get me to eat my veggies! So instead of serving it with the remaining sauce, I cooked up some of these noodles and added the sauce to them.
Oh and that tasty looking bread you see there? It’s my secret recipe garlic bread. Let’s just say it’s amazing and you can’t just eat one piece.